The countdown for Florida Gynecologic Cancers 5k & 10K Run/Walk®
September 25, 2022
Nearly all cervical cancer is caused by Human Papillomavirus (HPV). HPV is a common virus that infects teens and adults. 80% of people will get it.
Sometimes called “The Silent Killer”.
- Every 23 minutes a woman is diagnosed with ovarian cancer in the U.S.
- 1 in 75 women will develop ovarian cancer in her lifetime
- 1 in 100 women risk of dying from invasive ovarian cancer is
- Ovarian cancer is the #1 cause of gynecologic cancer deaths
- Ovarian cancer is the 5th cause cancer-related death in women
- Ovarian cancer is the 11th most common cancer in women
Some of the success stories
Joy of Volunteering“Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in.” — Unknown
Breaking The Silence Together
Love this Foundation and its goal in bringing awareness to Ovarian Cancer (The Silent Killer). It offers important information to women and others who are not necessarily aware of the VAGUE signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer. Hopefully, knowing these signs and symptoms will encourage women to see their physicians when these arise. An excellent foundation that is beneficial to all! Looking forward to participating again, in this great cause. ~ Judith Hall Mullings