BECOME A TEAM CAPTAIN
It takes a special person to create and lead a team. Put your passion and dedication to work by building and leading fundraising team. Your teammates can come from your workplace to form a corporate team, or you can tap your friends and family, social network, or community.
Register now and create your fundraising profile
Become a Team Captain Today!
Once you are signed up as a fundraiser, log in to your fundraising account to invite your friends and family to join the cause. Fundraising is the essential component of the Florida Teal 5K Run / Fun Walk. It helps us in our mission to provide education, awareness outreach, and care for cancer survivors and their families.
Fundraising is part of the experience. Whether you’re running 5 miles or walking with friends, every dollar you raise helps support the cause and saves a life.
Team captain responsibilities include:
- Organizing your team for success. This may include setting goals, recruiting co-captains and enlisting senior level support at your company.
- Recruiting co-workers, friends & family members to join the team and raise funds.
- Building and maintaining momentum and team enthusiasm up to and during the Walk.
- Collecting money and ensuring it gets to your chapter representatives.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
As a Florida Teal 5K Run/ Fun Walk participant, you have the opportunity to win awesome Teal prizes while raising funds in support of our community, cancer survivors and their Families. Proceeds from the Florida Teal 5K Run/ Fun Walk are crucial to the support of Kindah Foundation services throughout the year.
In recognition of those TEAL Warriors participants who go above and beyond their fundraising requirements, we are offering the following prizes:
- Each participant who raises $500 or more over their fundraising minimum by 12pm EST on Friday, August 18th will receive a personalized Teal jersey!
- Participants who raise $250 or more over their fundraising minimum by 12pm EST on Friday, August 18th will be automatically entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win a pairs of performance sneakers through Runner’s Depot, and (4) grandstand tickets for the 2018 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship and NASCAR XFINITY Series Championship during Ford Championship Weekend.
Every dollar raised above the minimum requirement ensures more survivors will get the help they need – and they have earned.
- If participants fundraise over $2,000 will achieve “Teal All Star” status and receive the following as a thank you for their exemplary fundraising efforts:
- 4 tickets to the 2018 Jerk Festival
- 4 tickets to the 2019 Miami Jazz Festival
- Ten (10) 2019 complimentary race entry tickets
- Recognition on kindahfoundation.org
Celebrating your team’s success by thanking your supporters after the event. Knowing YOU made an impact by inspiring and motivating your team members to bring us all closer to our goal.
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” — Phil Jackson, NBA coach